The Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy strives to deliver best-in-class education to support member-focused development, growth, and knowledge. From March 2021-December 2021, APTA Pelvic Health is sponsoring 24 scholarships (12 for SPTs, 12 for PTs/PTAs) that can be applied toward CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-Obstetric webinar lecture courses within the 2021 calendar year. This scholarship opportunity is open to active APTA Pelvic Health PT, PTA and SPT members.
At the start of each month (March 1, 2021* – December 1, 2021):
- 1 SPT Scholarship candidate will be selected
- 1 PT or PTA Scholarship candidate will be selected
*Exception: In March 2021, we will be selecting 3 SPT scholarship recipients and 3 PT/PTA scholarship recipients
- You must be an APTA Pelvic Health SPT or PT/PTA member
- If you are applying for the student scholarship, you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of PT school)
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you can only select the course for which you are eligible (i.e. If you have been selected and choose a Pelvic Health PT Level 2 course, you must have completed a Pelvic Health PT Level 1 webinar prior to attending the Level 2)
- Each selected scholarship recipient must respond within 7 days after receiving scholarship notice
- Within 30 days of accepting the scholarship, the recipient will contribute 1 blog post to the Academy for the Academy’s Member Highlight blog series that aims to highlight the stories and voices of Academy members.
Below is a list of all eligible courses. Scholarships cannot be applied to in-person courses and labs nor another calendar year. Please click on each course to view all course dates. Scholarship recipients will be able to select the course of choice from the following categories:
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 Lecture Webinar ($503 value; 16.5 contact hours)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Pelvic Pain Lecture Webinar ($398 value; 2-Day; approx 13.25 contact hours)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Bowel Dysfunction Lecture Webinar ($398 value; approx 13.5 contact hours)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 3 Lecture Webinar ($705 value; 23 contact hours)
- Fundamental Topics of Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy Webinar ($453 value; 16 contact hours)
- Advanced Topics of Pregnancy & Postpartum Physical Therapy Webinar ($453 value; 16 contact hours)
- Intrapartum Support for Obstetric Physical Therap Webinar ($453 value; 16 contact hours)
Selection & Post-Scholarship Process
- Submit your application for year-round consideration, your application will be added to a selection pool. Applications will be reviewed each month and if yours is not selected, it will be re-entered into the following month’s application pool (you do not have to reapply every month). Submitting your application more than once does not increase your chance of getting a scholarship.
- Each month, the Academy will announce 2 scholarship recipients from the pool of applications submitted (1 SPT and 1 PT or PTA recipient will be selected each month to receive the scholarship)
- Recipients will be invited to select a course of their choosing from the CAPP-Pelvic and CAPP-OB course tracks above and must notify the Academy of their selection within 7 days of receiving the scholarship award notice. If the applicant does not respond to the Academy’s email and/or phone call, the Academy will proceed with awarding the scholarship to the runner-up candidate.
- Recipients will be enrolled in the course or be provided a refund if they had already previously registered for the course.
- Recipients will receive Blog Post submission instructions. All Blog Posts must be submitted within 1 month of scholarship award notice.
Become a Member
Join today to become eligible for our scholarship program! To become a member of the Academy, you must first become an APTA and Chapter member. See membership pricing below or refer to the APTA membership pricing calculator the latest rates.
- Physical Therapist (PT) Membership
- PT National APTA Dues: $295 / year
- PT Chapter Dues: Depends on your state (Calculate Dues)
- PT Academy Dues: $75 / year
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Membership
- PTA National APTA Dues: $190 / year
- PTA Chapter Dues: Depends on your state (Calculate Dues)
- PTA Academy Dues: $35 / year
- Student Physical Therapist (SPT) Membership
- SPT National APTA Dues: $80 / year
- SPT Chapter Dues: Depends on your state (Calculate Dues)
- SPT APTA Pelvic Health Dues: $35 / year
Why Join the Academy?
- Complementary access to the Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy (JWHPT) Print and Digital publication
- PT Locator listing to increase your referrals and share your specific specializations
- Membership within the Academy to the Student, Pregnancy & Postpartum or Early-Professional Special Interest Groups that plan events, workshops, webinars and networking socials
- Member-exclusive discounts on conferences, membership events and online/in-person courses year-round
- Access to volunteer/leadership opportunities and research grant opportunities
- Engaged community of fellow SPTs, PTs, PTAs who are interested in pursuing or advancing careers in pelvic heatlh or abdominal health physical therapy
- Explore additional APTA membership benefits | View All