The SSIG is a student-led group dedicated to connect physical therapy students (SPTs and SPTAs) from across the nation on issues and topics relevant to students and rising early-professionals. Whether you are in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd/final year of DPT school or your PTA program, the SSIG leadership is here to help guide you and direct you to helpful resources! Year-round, the SSIG hosts virtual events such as workshops, webinar panels or social meet and greets to connect you to fellow students, industry experts and potential mentors.
Hot Topics | Common Questions
- How do I train to become a pelvic health physical therapist?
- How do I pay off student loans?
- Should I pursue a residency or a clinical internship?
- Why should I join the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy as a student?
- How do I network within the APTA and the Academy as a student?
- How do I find a mentor?
- What courses can I take before I graduate/after I graduate to prepare me for a career in pelvic health physical therapy?
- What other topics do you want the SSIG to cover in a future event?
Attend an Event Hosted by the SSIG
Explore all upcoming and past SSIG-hosted events and watch past webinar recordings.
Meet the SSIG Board
Lindsay Durand, SPT
Sasha Schneider, SPT
Amanda Clarke, SPT
Jillian Watson, SPT
Each Spring, student members of the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy elect their next SSIG Board officers that take office the following June. Expand your student and professional network, cultivate new friendships and leadership skills, collaborate with the Academy’s National Board and coordinate student events. Please visit our Elections page for position descriptions, eligibility requirements and more! You must be an active Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy member to self-nominate and run for elections. If you have any questions about Nominations and Elections, please contact our Nominating Committee at email@example.com.
Contact the SSIG Board