1-Day Live Online Course
February 7, 2021
Accounting for nearly 2 million doctor visits per year, countless men experience pain ‘down below’ with little to no help. Endless specialists, negative medical experiences, failed treatments, pain with erections, and the incessant search for a cure leaves no time (or energy) for fun in the bedroom. Sexual health, intimacy, and pain are all intertwined which is no surprise that this clinical enigma leaves those with penises feeling socially isolated and hopeless. In this interactive one-day online course, you’ll gain an understanding of cisgender male pelvic anatomy (and how penises work), dive into the psychological impacts that pelvic pain has on men’s lives, recognize sociocultural barriers that men face seeking pain care for their genitals, and tool up on knowledge and resources to help them reconnect with their sexual identity and pain-free pleasure!
There will be time for Q&A including specific case discussions.
Disclosure: This course is intentionally focused on cisgender men and there is necessary work needed around transgender men, non-binary and gender expansive people.
Eligibility Requirement: This course is open to licensed PTs, PTAs and open to PT students. Prior pelvic health knowledge is encouraged.
Supplies: Internet access, computer with camera, be able to access Zoom Conferencing
- 8 hours of live instruction presented by Susie Gronski, PT, DPT, PRPC, Board-Certified Women’s Health Clinical Specialist
- 10-question multiple-choice exam and survey
- Certificate of Completion (issued upon 80% or higher score on exam)
Upon completion of this series, the learner will:
- Define chronic male pelvic pain and potential causes thereof through a biopsychosocial lens
- Recognize common symptoms associated with male pelvic pain
- Understand basic male pelvic neuroanatomy and physiology including genitals
- Understand healthy male sexual function
- Demonstrate appropriate sexual interviewing techniques during assessment
- Recognize common male sexual health issues
- Understand the biological & psychosocial impacts for cis-gender men with pelvic pain and sexual health concerns
- Apply male-specific evaluation and treatment techniques for pelvic pain and sexual dysfunction
- Utilize appropriate outcome measures to understand the impact pelvic pain has on men’s lives
- Design psychologically informed treatment plan for pelvic pain and sexual health issues
- Improve access to pain care by recognizing sociocultural barriers around men’s health
- Apply current suggested approaches to better support men in their health
ABOUT SUSIE GRONSKI
Specializing in men’s pelvic and sexual health, Susie Gronski, PT, DPT is a licensed doctor of physical therapy, certified pelvic rehabilitation practitioner, international teacher, author and creator of one-to-one and self-paced health programs that help men with pelvic pain become experts in treating themselves. Learn more by visiting drsusieg.com.
- Academy members are eligible for member-exclusive discounts on courses! Learn more and join today!