The Functional Pelvic Floor: Exercises for Every Body (Online)
Do you ever feel like there is something missing from your clinical toolbox? Manual therapy is essential for pelvic floor therapy, but how confident are you in your exercise prescription? In this lab based course you will learn how to develop pelvic floor exercise programs for patients of any ability level. You will go to work Monday morning excited to use the assessment and treatment skills you learn in lab to design custom exercise programs for your patients.
This course includes skilled evaluation of the diaphragm and pelvic floor as it relates to pelvic floor and orthopedic dysfunction commonly seen in pelvic floor therapy. Also included will be skilled exercise prescription, from improving basic pelvic floor strength and coordination to high level sling exercises.
Contact hours: 6
- Day 1: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EDT/US)
- Breaks are included: 1 hour lunch break
Contact hours: 6
- Identify the primary muscle groups involved in core stability
- Describe pelvic floor action and coordination in relation to core stability
- Describe the role of the diaphragm in posture, core stability, and pelvic function
- Assess diaphragm function & Perform diaphragm facilitation techniques
- Assess pelvic floor function and Perform pelvic floor facilitation techniques
- Provide appropriate cuing for pelvic breathing, Describe sling exercises and Identify the muscle groups in the anterior, posterior, and lateral slings
- Perform assessment of anterior, posterior and lateral slings and Design functional exercise programs incorporating the pelvic floor into upper extremity, lower extremity, and spinal stabilization exercises
What is included:
- 6 contact hours of live instruction in webinar format
- Electronic course materials (12-month access)
- Multiple-choice question exam and survey (30 days to complete after the course)
- Certificate of Completion (issued upon 80% or higher score on exam)
- Eligibility: You must be a Licensed Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant or 2nd/3rd Year Physical Therapy Student. No exceptions will be permitted.
- Prerequisites: None.
- Equipment: Computer, access to Zoom, a stable internet connection, microphone, and webcam.
- Students will need: Theraband, Goniometer, Fabric tape measure, Tissue box or yoga block, small inflated ball, Pillow, Model to practice assessment & exercises, Optional: foam roll, cane or stick
Wynne Tezak, PT
Wynne Tezak is a physical therapist at Thunder Bay Fyzical Therapy & Balance Center in Alpena, MI. She earned her doctorate in physical therapy from Oakland University in 2007. She completed her initial training in pelvic floor therapy in 2010 and since that time has completed more than 160 hours of continuing education on the pelvic floor. In addition to seeing patients in the clinic for the last 11 years she has done extensive community outreach. Wynne also provides education for other professionals and health care providers. She has been a teaching assistant for pelvic floor courses for physical therapists, provided education on the pelvic floor to outpatient physical therapy clinics, and has presented for the Michigan Physical Therapy Association.
Wynne had great energy and was engaging to listen to. – Participant
Could not be happier! This course was even more than I had hoped for. – Participant
I really enjoyed this course and how practical it is to apply in the clinic. – Participant
Energetic and engaging speaker. Participant
Fantastic combination of great anatomical foundation and clinical application techniques. Great course! – Participant
Very engaging – frequently addresses clinical application and patient populations of relevance. –Participant
Wynne is a dynamic presenter with a passion for pelvic floor PT! She does a great job tying together many concepts and how they relate to each other and the pelvic floor – Participant
Excellent presentation. I believe this course and the exercises specifically will benefit the majority of my clientele. I valued most the personality of the presenter. She taught from a place of grace, ease, and wisdom. Thank you also for the humor. – Participant
This was a wonderful, engaging and informative course! It was incredibly helpful on expanding knowledge and exercises beyond Kegels! – Participant
Great information that I can incorporate into my current practice. Opened my eyes to other ways to help address pain. A great tool to add to my toolbox. – Participant
Wynne had great enthusiasm and passion on the topic making the course more engaging. – Participant
You may also be interested in…