Based in Shreveport, Louisiana.
It has been an honor to serve the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy (APTA Pelvic Health) in a variety of positions these past few years. My hope is that I can take my experiences from the Membership Committee and board roles and be a voice for the APTA Pelvic Health members in the APTA House of Delegates (HOD). I am currently serving as the Alternate Delegate for the APTA Pelvic Health and busy learning the rules of the HOD and the role I serve in it. Having the ability to serve a full year in this role would enable me to keep the Board of Directors informed of HOD motions as well as properly convey the voice of APTA Pelvic Health membership to APTA leadership. This Academy has overcome so much in the past year and a half and I feel is just getting geared up to become one of the leading forces within the APTA.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – 2008 LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport
- Master of Physical Therapy – 2000 LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport
- Bachelor of Sciences in Kinesiology – 1997 Louisiana State University
- Manager of Physical Therapy – Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Oversee IP and OP physical therapy for the academic medical center.
- CAPTE – Clinical team member, on site reviewer
- Advisory Board Member – BPCC PTA Program
Awards and Accomplishments
- CSM 2021 – Watch Out Here I Come – SPT to DPT – co-presentation with Dr. Lori Mize
- CSM 2020 – Watch Out Here I Come – SPT to DPT in a Pelvic Health Setting – co-presentation with Dr. Lori Mize
Involvement at the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
- Director of Communications – 2017 – current
- Alternate Delegate for APHPT – current
- Chair of Membership Committee – 2015 – 2017
- SE Regional Rep – Membership Committee – 2014 – 2015
Involvement at the American Physical Therapy Association and chapter(s)
- Member of APTA and APTA Pelvic Health since 1998