Based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
As an eventual clinician, I am responsible for contributing to the continued efforts to improve the profession and the population’s understanding of pelvic health physical therapy. Through active participation in the Academy, I can continue to fulfill this responsibility while developing the professional attributes and knowledge required of an effective advocate for pelvic health physical therapy.
Serving as a director of the Pelvic Health SSIG over the past year has ignited my passion for connecting with other students interested in pelvic health PT. I have sincerely enjoyed getting to know them on an individual level, and how I may be able to provide information to help guide them toward their professional aspirations. We saw incredible progress and a significant improvement in student engagement this past term, and I hope to continue this success this year as SSIG director. From creating promotional content and managing events to conducting educational sessions, this role has provided me with a foundation of experiences to continue building and improving upon moving forward. My primary efforts as a director will be focused on the students, facilitating professional collaboration and participation.
As a leader, it is essential to foster collaboration and create an environment where every voice can be heard. My goals for serving as director of the SSIG are to facilitate the expansion of a forum where students can connect and share ideas across the nation. As participation and involvement grow, the necessity for supporting voices intensify and I would be honored to meet this need as a student representative. I look forward to the opportunity to incorporate my skillset in the role of Director of the SSIG and contribute to the progression of physical therapy through involvement with the Academy of Pelvic Health.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina, 2019-2022
- B.A. Miami University
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification
- Professional Figure Skating Association
- SafeSport Certification
- CPR & AED Certified
Current Extracurricular Activities / Aspirations
I currently serve as a Student Director for the Pelvic Health Student SIG for the 2020-2021 term. Our aim this past year has been to build a professional network for students interested in pelvic health physical therapy while also increasing student involvement. We implemented a new social media strategy, launching a Pelvic Health Student SIG Instagram account and dramatically increased member engagement in the SSIG Facebook group. We also hosted the first virtual residency fair where attending students gained insight and connected with representatives from different pelvic health residency programs. Our Coffee Chat events allowed us to connect with student members of the Pelvic Health SSIG, where we could educate students on upcoming events, answer questions, receive feedback, and get to know one another. We have also conducted webinars outlining different ways to pursue a career in pelvic health, and the crossover between pelvic and orthopedic physical therapy.
Professional Awards and Contributions
- APTA South Carolina – Outstanding Student of the Year Award 2019-2020
- CARES Weight Management Program Coordinator at MUSC
Involvement in the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
- Pelvic Health Student SIG director 2020-2021; we held a residency fair, multiple coffee chats, webinars, and launched social media for the pelvic health SSIG. I am responsible for content and graphic creation on all social media channels.
- Successfully completed the Academy’s Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 Lecture course.
Involvement in the American Physical Therapy Association and/or chapter(s)
- South Carolina Core Ambassador
- AAOMPT Pelvic Health SIG Social Media Content Creator
- APTA Academy of Sports member
- Participated in PT Day at the State House
- SCAPTA Member
- PT Month Challenge Coordinator – Raised $1,030 for APTA’s Minority Scholarship Fund