CAPP-Pelvic Course Series
Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Pelvic Pain Webinar
This webinar lecture provides the physical therapy professional lectures on clinically relevant information and training in the examination, evaluation and intervention of female pelvic pain, anatomy, pathophysiology and physical therapy evaluation/treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction related to pelvic pain in the female patient. Basic concepts of myofascial release, female sexual response and sexual dysfunction, and clinical application of modalities will be reviewed as well. Clinical decision-making and an integration of skills acquired in the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 (PH1) course will be included. Contact hours: 13.25
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Examination / Evaluation
- Describe the anatomic, physiologic and neurological components of pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Perform an appropriate evaluation of a patient with pelvic pain diagnoses to include pudendal neuralgia, vulvodynia, vaginismus, painful bladder syndrome, endometriosis and coccydynia.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a vaginal pelvic floor muscle examination for patients with pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Describe the female sexual response and demonstrate understanding of sexual dysfunction.
Diagnosis / Prognosis
- Differentiate between musculoskeletal impairments related to pelvic pain and signs and symptoms associated with non-musculoskeletal pathology requiring further medical examination.
- Develop functional goals for musculoskeletal impairments identified in patients with pelvic pain based on a systematic interview and examination of the patient.
- Develop an evidence-based and appropriate plan of care for physical therapy intervention of musculoskeletal impairments for patients with pelvic pain.
- Perform manual myofascial release techniques, trigger point release techniques and abdominopelvic interventions for the treatment of patients with pelvic pain.
- Describe appropriate clinical application of modalities for pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Perform external manual therapy techniques and rigid taping techniques to address pain and dysfunction related to the coccyx.
- Provide behavioral intervention strategies to manage pelvic pain including lifestyle changes, diet, and proper posture.
- Day 1: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM Central Time
- Day 2: 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM Central Time
- Total Approximate Hours: 13.25 Hours
- Breaks are included: 15 min Morning break, 1 hour lunch break and 15 minute afternoon break
General topics covered:
- Pelvic pain diagnoses (anatomic, physiologic, neurologic)
- Patient evaluation (pudendal neuralgia, vulvodynia, vaginismus, painful bladder syndrome, endometriosis, coccydynia, etc)
Vaginal pelvic floor muscle examination
- Female sexual response and sexual dysfunction
- Musculoskeletal impairments related to pelvic pain
- Non-musculoskeletal pathology
- Patient care plan development
- Manual myofascial release techniques, trigger point release techniques, abdominopelvic interventions
- Clinical application of modalities
- External manual therapy techniques
- Rigid taping techniques
- Coccyx pain and dysfunction
- Behavioral intervention strategies (diet, lifestyle, posture)
What is included:
- 13.25 contact hours of live instruction in webinar format with breakout sessions for group activities
- An electronic course manual, pre-reading assignments and additional handouts (12-month access)
- 50-question multiple-choice exam and survey (30 days to complete after the course)
- Certificate of Completion (issued upon 80% or higher score on exam)
- Eligibility: This course is open to Licensed Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, 2nd Year and 3rd Year Student Physical Therapists. No exceptions will be permitted. We recommend students have some orthopedic/musculoskeletal coursework in their curriculum prior to attending the course.
- Prerequisites: Successful completion of the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 Part 1 Webinar Lecture. Experience of 6 months or more in regularly managing patients with pelvic physical therapy, or working in a clinic with other experienced pelvic physical therapists, is strongly recommended prior to attending this course; lack of experience may greatly inhibit participant comprehension and attainment of skills during the course. If you have taken a similar or equivalent coursework to our PH1 as a pre-requisite through another organization, the coursework you have taken must include both vaginal and rectal assessments.
- Equipment: Computer, access to Zoom, a stable internet connection, microphone, and webcam.
- Advancement: You must complete PH2 Bowel Dysfunction Webinar and PH2 Pelvic Pain Webinar BEFORE taking the PH2 Combined Lab.
Grace Period between Webinar & Lab
2020-2021~ 24 Months COVID-19 exception
Previously, participants who would take the OB webinar course would have to take the OB lab course within 6-12 months. Due to COVID-19, the Academy has decided to make an exception for those who have registered for the OB webinars. Those who registered for OB webinars in 2020 and 2021 have 24 months to complete the associated OB lab course. The Academy’s objective is to support you in your education and CAPP-OB certification process.
- “The instructors are a great example of experts in this glorious field and they inspire me to continue on this learning path to certification. Thank you!”
- “I thought the content and breaks were well organized, instructors were engaged with us and I felt that overall it was a great learning experience. Webinars allow for greater access to people with families!”
- “It was great, a good way to learn didactic stuff from the comfort of your home and not having to spend money on travel etc.”
- “I feel fortunate & grateful to have the opportunity to be able to attend this excellent course and learn a ton remotely given certain restrictions due to the pandemic. Although I had to wake up at 2:45 am (Hawaii time) this weekend, it was absolutely worth it!!!”
- “Thank you so much to the Academy and our amazing instructors for this opportunity! Very well organized and excellent Webinar!
Explore other course dates…
Pair your course purchase with a related lab course
Other courses that may interest you…