CAPP-Pelvic Course Series
Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Pelvic Pain (Lecture and Lab)
Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Pelvic Pain course combines BOTH lecture and lab into one live 2-day course. This course offers the physical therapy professional This evidence-based 2-day course provides clinically relevant information and training in the examination, evaluation and intervention of female pelvic pain. Labs offer skills immediately applicable in the clinic and include complete internal vaginal pelvic floor and external abdominopelvic examination and treatment techniques. Lectures include the anatomy, pathophysiology and physical therapy evaluation/treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction related to pelvic pain in the female patient. Basic concepts of myofascial release, female sexual response and sexual dysfunction, and clinical application of modalities will be reviewed. Clinical decision-making and an integration of skills acquired from the prerequisite course Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 will be included. Contact hours: Approximately 17
Schedule (Local Time)
- Day 1: 7:00 am–5:30 pm
- Day 2: 7:00 am–5:30 pm
Examination / Evaluation
- Describe the anatomic, physiologic and neurological components of pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Perform an appropriate evaluation of a patient with pelvic pain diagnoses to include pudendal neuralgia, vulvodynia, vaginismus, painful bladder syndrome, endometriosis and coccydynia.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a vaginal pelvic floor muscle examination for patients with pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Describe the female sexual response and demonstrate understanding of sexual dysfunction.
Diagnosis / Prognosis
- Differentiate between musculoskeletal impairments related to pelvic pain and signs and symptoms associated with non-musculoskeletal pathology requiring further medical examination.
- Develop functional goals for musculoskeletal impairments identified in patients with pelvic pain based on a systematic interview and examination of the patient.
- Develop an evidence-based and appropriate plan of care for physical therapy intervention of musculoskeletal impairments for patients with pelvic pain.
- Perform manual myofascial release techniques, trigger point release techniques and abdominopelvic interventions for the treatment of patients with pelvic pain.
- Describe appropriate clinical application of modalities for pelvic pain diagnoses.
- Perform external manual therapy techniques and rigid taping techniques to address pain and dysfunction related to the coccyx.
- Provide behavioral intervention strategies to manage pelvic pain including lifestyle changes, diet, and proper posture.
What is included:
- 17.75 contact hours of live instruction and lab
- An electronic Lecture manual, a copy of the Lab Manual, pre-reading assignments and additional handouts (12-month access)
- 50-question multiple-choice exam and survey (30 days to complete after the course)
- Certificate of Completion (issued upon 80% or higher score on exam)
- Eligibility: You must be a Licensed Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant or 2nd/3rd Year Physical Therapy Student. However, we recommend students have some orthopedic/musculoskeletal coursework in their curriculum prior to attending the course. No exceptions will be permitted.
- Prerequisites: Completion of the entire Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 course
- Advancement: You must complete both entire Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Bowel Dysfunction and Pelvic Pain courses in order to advance to the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 3 course.
Grace Period between Webinar & Lab
2020-2021~ 24 Months COVID-19 exception
Previously, participants who would take the OB webinar course would have to take the OB lab course within 6-12 months. Due to COVID-19, the Academy has decided to make an exception for those who have registered for the OB webinars. Those who registered for OB webinars in 2020 and 2021 have 24 months to complete the associated OB lab course. The Academy’s objective is to support you in your education and CAPP-OB certification process.
Explore other course dates…
Pair with a 100% In-Person PH2 Bowel Dysfunction course
Other courses that may interest you…