CAPP-Pelvic Course Series
Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Lab
This in-person lab course offers the physical therapy professional skills immediately applicable in the clinic and include complete internal vaginal pelvic floor, internal rectal pelvic floor muscle and external abdominopelvic examination and treatment techniques. Clinical decision-making and an integration of skills and knowledge acquired at Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 (lecture and lab), Level 2 Bowel Dysfunction (webinar) and Level 2 Pelvic Pain (webinar) will be included. You must complete both PH2 Bowel Dysfunction webinar and PH2 Pelvic Pain webinar prior to registering for this PART II combined lab course. We will cover the following topics during the lab activities: infection control, rectal exam, biofeedback, balloon lecture/hands-on lab, pelvic manual therapy lab, summative skills assessment and more. Contact hours: 8.5 hours
- Day 1: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm *times may slightly change
- Contact Hours: Approximately 7 hours
- Break Times: 15-min AM break, 1-hour lunch break
- Infection control
- Rectal exam
- Balloon lecture/hands-on lab
- Pelvic manual therapy lab
- Summative skills assessment
What is included:
- 8.5 contact hours of live lab instruction and supervision
- On-site, hands-on skills testing and feedback from your instructors and lab assistants
- A printed lab manual and electronic access to any additional handouts (12-month access)
- Post-lab electronic survey (30 days to complete after the course)
- Certificate of Completion (issued upon passing the on-site testing)
- Eligibility: You must be a Licensed Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant or 2nd/3rd Year Physical Therapy Student. No exceptions will be permitted. We recommend students have some orthopedic/musculoskeletal coursework in their curriculum prior to attending the course.
- Prerequisites: You must complete the entire Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 course prior to attending this course.
- Equipment/Dress Code/Temperature Check: Please wear comfortable clothes you can easily remove for lab activities, bring a pen/pencil for onsite lab workbook (workbook will be printed and available onsite), bring hair band(s) to keep hair away during lab exams. Masks, alcohol pads, hand sanitizer and other lab materials will be available on-site. Exam tables will be socially distanced 6 feet apart. Please be ready to have your temperature taken during attendee check-in.
- Advancement: You must complete both PH1 Webinar Lecture and PH1 In-Person Lab to advance to Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2. In order to proceed to the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 3 course, you must complete the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Bowel Dysfunction AND the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 2 Pelvic Pain course. Both courses must be taken to fulfill the Level 2 requirement. For those who are now taking the hybrid version of all the Pelvic Health Physical Therapy courses, you may take all the PH webinars first (i.e. PH1 Webinar, PH2 BD Webinar, PH2 PP Webinar) and then follow with the labs.
Grace Period between Webinar & Lab
2020-2021~ 24 Months COVID-19 exception
Previously, participants who would take the OB webinar course would have to take the OB lab course within 6-12 months. Due to COVID-19, the Academy has decided to make an exception for those who have registered for the OB webinars. Those who registered for OB webinars in 2020 and 2021 have 24 months to complete the associated OB lab course. The Academy’s objective is to support you in your education and CAPP-OB certification process.
- “Overall I was very happy with the course and all of the instructors.”
- “The instructor and lab assistants did a great job supporting the class during the labs. I felt like it was easy to ask questions and call for help. The commentary/clinical pearls from staff during the testing and final words helped pull the day together.”
- “Thought the lab was great, learned a lot and thought all the skills reviewed were nicely integrated from the info taught during the webinars.”
Explore other course dates…
Pair your course purchase with a related PH2 webinar
Other courses that may interest you…