Based in East Windsor, New Jersey.
I envision a profession where all people are given the opportunity to have a properly functioning pelvic floor, no longer silently living with chronic pelvic pain or thinking that pain during sex is normal. I want Pelvic Health to become a staple in the medical society. A practice that is just as normalized as going to an orthopedic physician for a broken arm.
If selected to serve as a Director of the SSIG, I would lead the Academy with transparency, compassion, enthusiasm, and dedication. The academy is growing and I want to be a part of a leadership team that uplifts our members, communicates with other sections to promote pelvic health across disciplines, and collaborates with the Pelvic Health SIG’s board to incorporate their experiences and recommendations in the SSIG.
I have recently just joined the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in the winter and I am astounded by the rapid growth since the time I joined. The current SSIG Directors are doing a phenomenal job at elevating and advertising our academy. I want to continue their hard work and empower fellow SPT’s who are interested in Pelvic Health.
I am really excited about this experience! Learning from the current board has been a fabulous opportunity and I hope to be able to inspire future student members just as they have inspired and empowered me. Applying for a director as my first role in the Academy is not something I would typically do, but this Academy already feels so comfortable and encouraging so here I am, outside of my comfort zone applying for a role I feel called to do.
- DPT Program at Ithaca College, anticipated graduation in 2022
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- CPR & AED via the American Heart Association
Current Extracurricular Activities/Aspirations
- I am extremely interested in Pelvic health. Specifically, post-reconstruction surgeries, chronic pelvic pain, possibly pediatric PT, and sports pelvic PT.
Involvement in the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
- This would be my jump start into becoming involved in the Academy! I am super excited to be applying and putting myself out there.