Board-Certified in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
Based in San Diego, California.
I have been teaching and treating Physical Therapy since 2010, and my entire career I have had a passion for spreading the word on the benefits of Physical Therapy. When I started treating Pelvic Health conditions in 2012, I became even more passionate about advocating for treatment via Physical Therapy. I would like to find more ways to collaborate with other professions and organizations to assist with exposure of our profession and skillset. There is so much misinformation, lack of referral, and general disconnect between Physician and Physical Therapist, and I would like to create more bridges. I think we need to create teams while we are in medical school, more opportunities for exposure to our field, and we should be attending as well as presenting in medical conferences. I think the Academy and section is going in the right direction, and I feel like we need to find more ways to be valuable to not only members, but the profession as a whole. I hope that we can show the members value with frequent, yet applicable updates in regards to practice, legislation, and ways that the individual can do their part to help promote our field.
- B.S. and B.A. San Diego State University Pre-Physical Therapy and Psychology (dual degree) 2007
- D.P.T. University of St. Augustine 2009
- MTC (Manual Therapy Certification), 2011
- Board-Certified in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 2014
- Owner and Physical Therapist for My PT 2 Go, Contributing Faculty at University of St Augustine in Gross Anatomy GA1 and GA2; Adjunct Faculty at San Diego Mesa College in Orthopedics for the Physical Therapy Assistant Program
Industry Involvement & Accomplishments
- Teaching since 2010 at University of St. Augustine and San Diego Mesa College.
- Consulted for Reflexion Health prior to and during incubator startup stage and performed research for comparison of Xbox to Clinical ROM assessments.
- Attend local CPTA (California Physical Therapy Association) meetings