Journal Club Webinar
It’s been said that up to 1 in every 6.25 men will experience symptoms of ‘prostatitis’ or pelvic pain at some point in their lives. 1 2 This 2-hour webinar will provide an overview of our current understanding of male pelvic pain, the impact that pelvic pain has on men’s lives, and what we can do as health providers to better serve these men.
Included: 2-hour webinar recording, post-webinar multiple-choice quiz, certificate of completion.
- Define chronic male pelvic pain and potential causes thereof
- Recognize signs and symptoms associated with male pelvic pain
- Understand basic male pelvic neuroanatomy including genitals
- Understand the biological & psychosocial impacts for men with pelvic pain
- Improve access to pain care by recognizing sociocultural barriers around men’s pelvic
and sexual health
- Apply current suggested approaches to better support men in their health
- Utilize appropriate outcome measures to understand the impact pelvic pain has on
- Astill, T., Cavaleri, R., & Chalmers, K. J. (2019). ‘The impact of chronic pelvic pain in men: A new
assessment tool.’ (Unpublished honours thesis at Western Sydney University, Sydney,
- Collins, M. M., Meigs, J. B., Barry, M. J., Walker Corkery, E., Giovannucci, E., & Kawachi, I.
(2002). ‘Prevalence and correlates of prostatitis in the health professionals follow-up study
cohort.’ The Journal of urology, 167(3), 1363–1366.
Originally streamed from on June 20, 2020.
Disclaimer: The JWHPT promotes scholarly discussion and clinical dissemination of best available evidence; Journal Club presenter’s are responsible for the accuracy of the content. Ideas and opinions expressed may not be those of the Academy of Pelvic Health and JWHPT.
Currently specializing in men’s pelvic and sexual health, Susie Gronski, DPT is a licensed doctor of physical therapy, certified pelvic rehabilitation practitioner, international teacher, author and creator of online and in-person health programs that help men with pelvic
pain become experts in treating themselves. Learn more by visiting drsusieg.com.
Social Media Handles: