Kennedy-Guess, Sheila PT, DPT, CLT; Johnson, Andrea J. PT, DPT, OCS; Jacobs, Patrick G. PT, DPT, ATC
Dr. Sheila Kennedy-Guess answered a few questions about her team’s study:
- What instigated your research question?
- “We wanted to see if there was another valid treatment option for stress incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse other than traditional treatment methods.”
- Were any outcomes surprising to the researchers?
- “There was a significant improvement in function and outcomes in such a short period of time.”
- What do you think is next for this treatment approach?
- “Based on the results, a clinical trial with more subjects would be a great opportunity.”
Read the Case Report to find out more about how Blood Flow Restriction can improve patient outcomes and augment traditional pelvic floor therapy treatments.