The SSIG is a student-led group catered to physical therapy students (SPTs and SPTAs) from across the nation on issues and topics relevant to students and rising early-professionals. Whether you are in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd/final year of DPT school or your PTA program, the SSIG leadership is here to help guide you and direct you to helpful resources! Year-round, the SSIG hosts virtual events such as workshops, webinar panels or social meet and greets to connect you to fellow students, industry experts and potential mentors.
Meet the SSIG Board July 2021-July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
The SSIG offers free webinar events and blog articles that help answer some of these commonly asked questions.
- How do I train to become a pelvic health physical therapist?
- How do I pay off student loans?
- Should I pursue a residency or a clinical internship?
- Why should I join the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy as a student?
- How do I network within the APTA and the Academy as a student?
- How do I find a mentor?
- What courses can I take before I graduate/after I graduate to prepare me for a career in pelvic health physical therapy?
- What other topics do you want the SSIG to cover in a future event?
Each Spring, student members of the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy elect their next SSIG Board officers that take office the following June. Expand your student and professional network, cultivate new friendships and leadership skills, collaborate with the Academy’s National Board and coordinate student events. Please visit our Elections page for position descriptions, eligibility requirements and more! You must be an active Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy member to self-nominate and run for elections. If you have any questions about Nominations and Elections, please contact our Nominating Committee at email@example.com.
[form id=”19532″ /]